Sunday, August 22, 2010

Shouldn't an employee get the Manager to do a performance review before a pay raise happens?

One of my coworkers keeps bragging about how he got a pay raise. This was all done by him talking to my boss's boss. My boss keeps complaining that it's not right because had he given him a performance review, he wouldn't have granted him a pay raise. That's not fair in my opinion either because I don't know my boss's boss that well to call him up and ask him for a pay raise, therefore any pay raises I get will be based on a performance review. What are the rules about this?

Shouldn't an employee get the Manager to do a performance review before a pay raise happens?
Basically, there are none. Every business owner has the right to set the policy as to how people are paid and how much. Unless there's been a violation of a union contract or you can prove discrimination then the only option you have is to call you're bosses boss and attempt to get a raise as well. If your boss likes your work then he may back you up.


No comments:

Post a Comment